I often grouse and complain in this forum. It seems fitting that today — on a day that I feel great — I should take some time to be happy and cheerful.
And I do feel great. Why?
- I've lost eleven pounds in the past six weeks; my pants are no longer tight.
- I'm writing more than I ever have in my life.
- I'm making and saving money.
- The weather has been gorgeous (if a little warm).
- I love my wife and she loves me.
- Our garden is alive with new growth: flowers, berries, veggies.
- I have a cat sitting in the crook of my left arm as I type, purring.
- My personal finance blog is off to an awesome start. (And my comics blog was doing fine til I stopped posting.)
- I'm reading a great book: The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency. (Again.)
- I've been listening to great music (80s rock) all day.
- I've been off the St. John's wort for several weeks and feel fine.
It seems everything's coming up roses — everything's going my way.
Update: I forgot to mention a couple of other things that have me happy:
- I made $425 at the garage sale last weekend, which I have earmarked for a Nintendo Wii this fall.
- All of my weblogs have been very rewarding over the past month, and in many ways. (Keep sending me links, guys — I love it. I may even turn the flotch into a presentable stand-alone linkblog.)
- Mike, a visitor to this site, took the time to look through my CSS file to find two bugs that had eluded me. Outstanding. The only reward he asked was: "Use Firefox. Don't do drugs (or credit cards). Get out of debt and stay out of debt." I already push Firefox heavily among PC-using friends and family, but I'm going to give a try on my Mac now.
If I think of more things that make me happy, I'll post them.
On this day at foldedspace.org
2005 — Too Much Cat In which I share a horde of cat pictures, videos, games, and stories, all collected from other sites.
2002 — Attack of the Clones In which Star Wars episode II: Attack of the Clones stinks to high heaven.